Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week One

Well, we have been gone from the states a whole week, and a lot has happened. We got through the long flight, settled into our house, attended Sam's new school orientation,  sent him off to school for his first day today, and got Savannah signed up to start her last sememster on line.

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our dogs in the next few days, and we received word that our personal goods are ahead of schedule, and should arrive in the next week. I am excited for all of that. The current items lent to us until our shipment arrives is limited to one item per person in the house. Yes, one fork, one spoon, one towel, well you get the idea. So this creates a lot of extra work for us. If I'm cooking, which happens often because fast food does not exist, and I use a utensil to stir with, then said utensil has to be washed so that someone can use it to eat. With that said, I am so happy that my things are coming.

I am also looking forward to some upcoming events set up for back to school, which allows new families to meet and make connections. I don't mind spending time by myself around the house. Fact, it's like a little mini vacation where I can finally have some down time. After all, there is not a plethora of shopping malls or extra things to do. But, I am looking forward to meeting people, and doing things to make my stay here enjoyable and productive.

I can't wait to see what the next few weeks have in store for us!

Side not: I have had a lot of requests for more pictures. I am working on this, but just haven't had a good chance to take a lot of photos without looking like  a tourist. I also do not have a car, so I am usually walking, or being driven. Either case, not really photo op time.

If anyone has anything specific they would like to know about our life here, as I learn it too, feel free to ask.

3 comments:

  1. How is it going? Are u going up the hill and back down the hill? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cre! I miss ya girl! Yes, I go up the hill, and then down the hill, to get my groceries. We have to order a car, so it will be a few months. I need the excercise though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the most common car there? SUVs???

    ReplyDelete