Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Expecting Different

I try to work on my posts offline since we are sharing Internet right now. So, today, I am posting twice.

We have been here almost two weeks. Prior to departing the U.S., I tried to prepare myself for things to be really different. Typically, I do not like different, therefore I had to really have a good heart to heart with myself about how I was going to deal with different. I decided that if I just expected things to be VERY different, and be VERY patient, and just do what needs to be done, then it would be easier for me to find joy and peace with different. So, that is what I have, and am doing. Expecting different, and waiting. Almost a sense of no expectations, therefore, no disappointments. So far, this is working out well. I try to take in all of the things that I see. Since our home is very pleasant to look at, and very comfortable, I find it to be a sanctuary. I feel very fortunate when I ride through the city, and I see s many people living in very limited conditions, yet they seem happy. They make the best of it.

I see women outside the door of their one room building, washing clothes by hand in a round tub. Other women and men sweeping the ground outside their door. Yes, sweeping dirt, from dirt. I can guess that maybe they are just clearing the ground for debris, so that it is just smooth dirt under their sandals or bare feet. They are chatting, and children are carry jugs to the water source. They are making the best of it.  I enjoy that, I enjoy seeing people making the best of it. It inspires me, to make the best of it, especially since my situation is one that bears no complaining, all things considered.

One thing I really enjoy here is the beautiful, cool air that we have late in the evening and early morning. When I walk outside to enjoy the night air I can see the city in the distance. This is good- different. This is where you see the beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Girl ... Im the same way with change. But sometimes we benefit from things being different in ways you cant even anticipate. Looking at other people with less making the best of it and being happy helps put everything in perspective. That is a beautiful view !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your attitude! Really!

    And that is a nice view!

    ReplyDelete