Sunday, July 22, 2012

The YARD SALE Birthday

Two days until the packers/movers arrive. As with every move comes a YARD SALE. I love this part of moving. Taking all the old stuff, that you have loved for so long, but is now old and tired, and giving it to someone else to love. Of course, "one man's junk is another man's treasure". So we (Don) hauled out some old furniture, TVs, stereo equipment, and tons of clothes. I sold a lot of my clothes, and most of the furniture that we put out. We are donating the rest. Yard sales are always entertaining with some of the yard salers and their negotiating. At one point I wanted to say "man, just take the stuff and leave! I'm not trying to make a living off this stuff, just wanna get rid of it!


The interesting thing about this particular yard sale was that it was Don's birthday.A milestone birthday at that. Happy 50th to my wonderful husband! After the yard sale, we celebrated with takeout, and cupcakes from Park side Bakery. This bakery is amazing. It frosts the cupcakes with an ice cream scoop! Yes, literally takes a scoop filled with frosting and plops it on top.  Is that wrong? All and all, it was a good day though, just a part of moving, so you have to be flexible.

2 comments:

  1. *blink blink* well gosh darnit. I see a couple of pieces of furniture that I could've taken off your hands. Missed out on that one. Sigh

    Happy birthday to the hubby!! *throws glitter*

    ReplyDelete