Monday, July 16, 2012

Bon Voyage!

Bon Voyage - "Good Journey"!

A few little words written on a cake by some beloved coworkers as they tell me "hurry back!  It's that phrase that you hear when you are saying goodbye, so that you can say hello to a new beginning. And, so it's begun, the well wishes and the send offs to a new chapter in my life (my whole family's life).

We have been blessed with an amazing opportunity to work abroad - in Uganda! Where? Uganda the country? Is this a joke? I mean, who does that? These are a just a few of the questions that I get when I tell someone that I (we) are moving....to Uganda. But, for me, it's exhilarating, scary, surreal, crazy...need I go on? But, overall, incredibly exciting.

OK, you can stop looking at me like that now, because I am not crazy, and yes, it's going to happen. We ARE going to board that plane in just a few short weeks, taking with us whatever we can that will fit into our allotted pack out, and heading off to an experience that no matter how wonderful, or how not so wonderful it may be, will have an incredible impact on not only us, but the amazing people we meet along our journey.  I hope that you will join me as I share my joys (and difficulties) along the way......in Uganda!

3 comments:

  1. Aww man... *crying hard*

    I hate to see you go! You are one of the few people around who keep me SANE! Sigh.

    But I think it will be a wonderful experience, not only for you, but for your kids. They will never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to miss you to Ol'girl! But you'll be with me...in my heart and around our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN!! I will miss you!! I will be an experience of a lifetime for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete