Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Did you vote today?

Well, it's time to vote! Go cast your ballot. I mailed my vote in last week, and I am looking forward to the outcome of the presidential election. I'm sure everyone is ready to be done with all of the ad campaigns. We are usually spared the political commercials here due to our limited channels, but I am excited to see who will run our country for the next four years. Regardless of who wins, I pray that they will run our country well.

Since my last post, we have been busy with the usual business of life. We celebrated Sam's 15th birthday. He requested lasagna, and cake baked by Savannah.  Happy Birthday Sam!



We have enjoyed spending time with friends, and attended an amazing volleyball tournament at Sam's school. It was a lot of fun to watch the teams play, and both our boy's and girl's teams won the championship.

I also learned to groom our pet Schnauzer. We have not found a dog groomer here, and he was desperate for a haircut. So, I watched a little video on the internet, and broke out the clippers. Surprisingly, it went really well. He got a little irritated by the end, and would not let me trim one of his back legs. Now it looks like he's carrying around a rabbit's foot. :) Either way, he looks pretty dapper.

 
 
 
Lastly, we are anxiously awaiting our car, which should be hear in the next few weeks. It will be so freeing to have our own ride. We are in the process of hiring a diver to help us get around. It's important to have someone that is familiar with the territory since there are no street signs, and who understands the language and customs of the road. Hopefully, next post will contain a picture of our freedom ride. Until then, have a great week, and don't forget to vote!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment